Periodontics refers to the treatment of the structures and parts of your mouth which support your teeth. It, however, mainly concentrates on the gums. The Brampton dentists who provide this service would have studied at least another couple of years to qualify. The gums actually form a really huge part of your oral health structure. They need to be given proper care and treatment. Sometimes, improper care can cause your gums to decay and start becoming weak. This could be the result of some hereditary disease or the result of improper care. Here are five signs its time to meet a Brampton dentist
- Gums are red and swollen: Brampton dentist say that if you have red and swollen gums which are also bleeding then it is definitely time to visit a periodontist. As soon as you such symptoms, visit a dentist so they can prevent the disease from causing any further damages.
- Stinky breath: Bad breath and mouth odors may seem like a common occurrence but lying underneath all that odor is the threat of bacterial infection and advent. Bacteria can infest your gums and cause them to become weak and thereby lose their grip on your teeth. Stinky breath is an early sign of bad gums.
- Loose teeth: Most of us feel we are imagining this but teeth can actually become lose. This is because our gums lose their grip on the teeth. This needs to be taken seriously and you should definitely go see a Brampton dentist to save your teeth.
- Pain while chewing: If you are experiencing any sort of irritation or pain while chewing your food, you should definitely visit a Brampton dentist. This could be a sign of bad gums. Early diagnosis can help you prevent the advent of the disease.
- Family history: If anyone in your family has suffered from such a disease, you should definitely be making an appointment with your Brampton dentist. If there is no foreseeable harm then you’re good but if there is, your periodontist can help you prevent it and keep your teth healthy!